2021 Risk Management Seminar & HIPAA Course
Preventing Dental Malpractice Claims by Avoiding and Managing Adverse Outcomes
This claim-based educational program begins with an overview of the current dental malpractice environment, including issues specific to the state of Wisconsin. We also discuss the main risk management issues related to dental malpractice including informed consent, patient and team communication, follow-up system failures, jousting, patient selection and adverse outcome disclosure.
At the conclusion of this presentation, the participants will be able to:
- Recognize the current trends in dental malpractice
- List the main risk management issues related to dental malpractice
- Name three risk management practices that assist in reducing claim frequency and severity
OSHA Course Title
OSHA and CDC in Dentistry
Dentists, dental hygienists, dental assistants and all dental team members will update compliance knowledge based on OSHA/CDC requirements by attending this course.
- Understand current OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard, CDC infection control directives and how to implement (including respiratory protection e.g., COVID-19 protocols)
- Identify patient and employee safety hazard(s) in dentistry and how to correct them.
- Learn proper personal protective equipment, disinfection, sharps disposal, needlestick management, sterilization, areosolization control and interment handling.