Mara T Roberts, AIC, ARM, CLU, President WDA Insurance & Services Corp.
Prosperident has been solving embezzlement cases for over 30 years and has the largest and most skilled team of fraud examiners of any dental forensic investigation firm. All of Prosperident’s investigative team members have spent years (and often decades) in dentistry. The team member qualifications enables them to address everything from straightforward investigations to the most complex cases, using their deep dental expertise to handle the toughest situations for general dentists, dental specialists, solo practitioners, and some of the largest DSOs.
In the same way that a dental practice offers preventative services, the team at Prosperident offers a well-designed service that applies both our expertise and experience to work to help you avoid potential embezzlement issues. The Owner Proactive Strategies (OPS) service is available only from Prosperident and is unlike anything else available to practice owners.
Developed because most practice owners were never taught how to oversee the finances of their practices, the OPS program is designed to turn you into a confident practice owner. The five cornerstones OPS includes:
- Transaction Integrity Review
- Financial Analysis
- Vulnerability Reduction.
- Expense Control
- Tool kit
The OPS service is your best step forward towards establishing policies, procedures, and systems that work as a shield against internal theft. Creating reliable and straightforward actions specific to your practice to ensure that you have the highest level of protection.
Who can benefit from the Prosperident OPS service?
- A dentist with an established practice who wants to ensure they remain at low risk for embezzlement.
- A dentist who is purchasing an established practice and want to ensure that you are not using a predecessor’s unevaluated policies and procedures, especially when the previous practitioner’s staff is retained.
- A dentist who is sure that they do not have embezzlement issues and wants to keep it that way!
- A dental entrepreneur, setting up multi-office practices that wants to ensure consistency regarding office policy, procedures, and systems.
- A dentist who wants more control over the financial operation of their practice without sacrificing clinical time to do so.
- A dentist who has been a victim of embezzlement and wants to decrease the chance of it happening again.
What If I Suspect Embezzlement Is Occurring?
The Prosperident team will walk with you through the next critical steps to confirm what is happening, ensure that legal employee termination, maximum recovery of stolen funds, and proper entry into the justice system take place. They will provide superior documentation of embezzlement when it is found, so you have the evidence you need for legal proceedings and to attempt recovery. Most importantly, forensic audits for dentists are stealthy, which means that no one but you needs to know they are on the job.
WDA members now have free access to Prosperident’s Embezzlement Risk Assessment Questionnaire (a $139 value), and will receive a 6% discount on investigative and preventive services.
If you want to make your practice a hard target for an embezzler, or if you suspect embezzlement is occurring, visit https://www.prosperident.com/wisconsin-dental-association or call 888-398-2327. A confidential discussion with CEO David Harris will be arranged. Whether you are looking for an investigation, a system to help you fraud-proof your office, or litigation support services, Prosperident has what you need.